Monday, August 25, 2014

Refrigerators

I'm having a much harder time picking out our fridge vs. our washer/dryer.  My hubby wants a side by side and I want French doors.  I think the compromise will be French door in the kitchen and side by side in the garage :) One thing I can't decide is if I prefer the 3 door version or the 4 door version. I'm also totally swayed by the latest and greatest gadgets, so I'm trying not to make decisions based on that (but it's sooooo hard!). 
 
Option 1
LG 30.3 cu. ft. French Door-in-Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, MSRP is $3,700 (is on sale right now for $2,774).  This is one that has wooed me with the fancy extra door for small things that you want to have easily accessible.  I like how big it is - 30.3 cubic feet will fit so much food!  It also has great reviews, so it's not just fancy - it's well liked too!
 
 
Option 2
Frigidaire Gallery 27.8 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, MSRP is $2,399 (not currently on sale).   I love this one because it is smudge proof!  I got to test it out and see it in person and it's true - NO SMUDGES!  With an almost 2 year old, I think this may be the most practical.  It's slightly smaller than the LG above and doesn't have all of the fancy features, but the smudge proofness may be the winning point!
 
 
Option 3
GE Profile 28.6 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, MSRP is $3,099 (now on sale for $2,598).  This one has good reviews and honestly, I like that it's the same brand as the stove, microwave and dishwasher.  I have a need for things to match. 
 
 
 
Option 4
Samsung 31.0 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, MSRP is $3,599 (now on sale for $2,998).  Not so sure about this one, I mostly like it because it is huge.  It also has lots of fun gadgets.  The reviews aren't fantastic, so I doubt we'd pick this one. 
 
 
Are you excited about picking out appliances?  Do you have any fridge recommendations?
 

5 comments:

  1. I am really appreciating your posts on washers, dryers and now refrigerators! It's always exciting and like you, if there is a sale to be caught, perhaps buying it now then picking up later is an option. I am in no way an expert (because I can fall for most gadgets), but I really liked option 3. It was not as 'cool' as some I have seen but it was a nice size, had good reviews and it matched (as you have pointed out) with the rest of the appliances. Good luck and I will stay tuned for your final decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the posts are helpful - I have a lot of shopping related posts coming up! Haha, I'm ready to spend some money :) I like Option 3 as well - I need to go see it in person again!

      Delete
  2. We're having a hard time as well! There are SOOO many options! We're thinking LG because they have solid reviews and their designs are nice. We haven't decided yet though! We'll be making this purchase last minute! We don't want to finance anything else until after settlement. Good luck on choosing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post a link to the one you're considering! I'm interested in LG, but I feel like I had heard not so great things about them... but now I'm wondering if that was right. I've liked their design, but wasn't sure about durability.
      I hadn't thought about the finance piece - that's so frustrating to have to keep that stuff in mind because I feel like most people have to buy the fridge and washer/dryer.

      Delete

  3. Samsung, Kenmore Replacement Filter
    LG, Kenmore Replacement Filter

    Home Air and Water Filters Up to 70% Off Retail. Our high quality refrigerator filters remove the taste and odor of chlorine and contaminants in your water. Get better tasting water, ice, coffee, and other beverages by replacing your filter every 6 months! You can contact any time http://www.filterdrop.com

    ReplyDelete